Saturday, April 13, 2013

of snow and guests and art

The birds are chattering outside. I think I heard one of them say, "What the hell? What's with all the snow?" Poor darlings. I can relate.

Although I'm not nearly as bitter and angry as I would normally be after a snow storm in April. I've had a string of house guests from all over the country lately. First Sarah came for a visit from Colorado. Then Jess came from Georgia. And this week I've shared my space with Christianne from Florida. They shared their shining hearts with me and I'm feeling all glowy and warm. How lucky am I?

It's the great irony in my life that I've connected so deeply with people over the internet, which I generally regard as one of the shallowest mediums ever created. How is it possible to find sisters and kindred spirits via electronic signals? Weird. But I'm very grateful. I'll say this once and you'll just have to trust me that it's real. I thank God for the internet.

I'm art journaling these days, and I composed this poem out of cut-out phrases from a magazine. When I'm surrounded by art supplies I feel like the world is all well and good. Or maybe the world isn't well and good but I'm well and good tucked inside of it. Anything is possible. Beauty is waiting to bust out of my fingers. God's breath is tickling the back of my neck. I'm listening to the sounds of my heart.

Spring is coming even when all I see is the whiteness of a winter that refuses to let go. This is true.




2 comments:

  1. so glad for internet since it means I met you :) love you friend! (and so glad that spring is coming. so glad.)

    ReplyDelete