Sunday, April 21, 2013

waking

A couple of weeks ago I started dipping my toes into art and it's a feverish need in me now. It's a rampage in my lungs and a shouting in my whole body. It's seeping out of my pores and dancing out of my fingertips. The silence and waiting have given way to a riot of color and form and words like a flood washing away my old life. All my secrets are playing with the instrument of my heart.

I don't have time to wash my hands before the next image begins to force it's way into the light.

What did I do with my life before now? I can't remember the time when fear left my paint and brushes sitting quietly collecting dust and regret.

This is good.

8 comments:

  1. Smiling so big as I read this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm smiling so big thinking of you smiling as you read this. Hope your time in Florida is rejuvenating you. We're about to get another snow storm. Good thing I'm feeling so chipper and alive or I might jump off a bridge.

      Delete
  2. hi, i recently heard a poem you wrote on an old greg boyd sermon series entitled 'animate'.. it was about seeing Jesus in people of all sorts/stripes ... can you please direct me to where i can see that poem.. it was wonderful ... thanks.. peace ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Owen,

    You can download the booklet that I wrote for the Animate series here: http://media.whchurch.org/series/Animate/Animate-booklet.pdf

    The booklet contains all of the poetry and exercises for the animate series.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. grazi.. blessings to you. shalom

      Delete
  4. Tis a beautiful force of love to live one's creativity without false evidence appearing real. You are a walking Arora Borealis, my fellow poet painter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your posts and the painting on 21 Secrets

    ReplyDelete