Saturday, August 24, 2013

circles


passing through circles
of weddings and aging and death
i can’t tell where this one ends and
this one begins.

i see my son, my baby
reaching out to his lovely one
and grasping a hand that is not mine
and i decide that i love her too.

i see my mother
reaching out to memory
and grasping things from long ago
and i decide that she’s wiser than me.

i see my brother
reaching out to god
and grasping for something beyond this world
and i decide to someday ask the way
and follow.

these circles cross paths
in ways i cannot comprehend.

i reach out for something less dizzying

and grasp for something more linear

then decide to walk the intersections
as best I can.

4 comments:

  1. My mom's health has deteriorated a significantly in just the last 4 years and I don't always do a great job of taking care of her or being as patient with her stubborn streak or her anger as I should. Mom and I have had a strained relationship through most of our lives and I know I have to let go of the past and be fully present with her now, as she needs. She has wisdom and value and dignity and I need to always keep that foremost in all I do with her. Thanks again for writing this, Terri. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Terri, you write so beautifully, I really love what and how you share. Ah you are truly inspiring. With love

    Iris (Bloom True Bloomer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Terri. Long time no see. Just popping in to say hi. I never blog anymore. I don't really know why that is. Life happens.

    Tammy J

    ReplyDelete